The Affordable Warmth Scheme is the Department for Communities main programme for tackling the effects of fuel poverty in vulnerable low income households in Northern Ireland. It is a targeted scheme which provides energy efficiency measures to eligible households in order to mitigate the effects of fuel poverty.
Following on from a review of the Scheme after one full year of operation, several proposals for change were identified which are set out in the consultation document for comment.
Public consultation events will be held as follows:
- Tuesday 21st November, 9.30-12.30 – Burnavon, Cookstown;
- Thursday 23rd November, 9.30-12.30 – NICVA, Belfast;
- Friday 24th November, 9.30-12.30 - Canal Court Hotel, Newry;
- Tuesday 28th November, 9.30-12.30 - Enniskillen Town Hall;
- Thursday 30th November, 9.30-12.30 – City Hotel, Derry/Londonderry;
- Friday 1st December, 9.30-12.30 – The Braid, Ballymena.
Comments on any aspect of the proposed changes discussed in this paper and the Equality Screening are welcomed. They should reach the Department by 16 February 2018. You may provide comments by letter, email, survey monkey or telephone.