Sports Minister Paul Givan MLA has sent a message to Northern Ireland fans travelling to France for the EURO championship.
The Minister said: “Fans are a very important part of any sporting tournament and the loyalty that has been shown by ‘The Green and White Army’ travelling to France to support Northern Ireland is overwhelming. The fans will inspire the players and I know the team is inspiring the Country and I am sure that Michael O’Neill and the rest of the squad will be spurred on by the noise of the Northern Ireland fans at all the matches.
“My Department has been working closely with the Irish Football Association to enable the Fans’ Embassies to be set up in France. Football fans will be able to seek advice and guidance on a range of football and travel issues from these areas. The Embassies are located in Nice, Lyon and Paris.
“At home or in France everyone will be supporting the Northern Ireland Football Team and I offer my best wishes for a successful tournament.”
Notes to editors:
- Fans in France can also access travel guidance on social media by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on Facebook and Twitter
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 9082 9267. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Department for Communities celebrates success of Special Olympics Ulster athletes at World Summer Games 21 September 2023
- Competition to appoint Members and Expert Advisors to the Ministerial Advisory Group (MAG) and the Built Environment NI 21 September 2023
- Closure of Boiler Replacement Scheme 21 September 2023
- Department for Communities commits to more investment in Warrenpoint Front Shore 21 September 2023