Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has today announced the opening of a second phase, worth £1m of the Voluntary, Community and Social Economy Sector (VCSE) Covid Recovery Fund.
The aim of the Recovery Fund is to help to safely deliver essential services during the Covid-19 crisis and to assist with the safe reopening of the VCSE sector to maintain service delivery.
The Minister explained:
“I want to provide the sector with whatever support I can to ensure it can deliver services to the most vulnerable in our communities. This phase of the £1m Fund, is to ensure that VCSE organisations have the sufficient PPE required to continue service delivery. Groups can apply for awards up to £5,000 for the purchase of PPE and I would urge VCSE organisations to apply.”
Organisations who were previously successful in applying to this element of the fund can reapply to receive up to £5,000 (e.g. if an organisation was awarded £2,000 from the 1st phase of applications, they can apply for a further £3,000).
Funding will be distributed by Co-operation Ireland in partnership with Rural Community Network. Further information is available at Cooperationireland
Peter Sheridan, Co-operation Ireland Chief Executive said:
“Following the success of the first phase of the Covid Recovery Fund, Co-operation Ireland is pleased to be involved in the roll-out of phase two.
“With our partners in both the Department for Communities and Rural Community Network, we will ensure that voluntary, community and social economy sectors receive the support they need to address the impact Covid-19 has had on the services they deliver to communities across the whole of Northern Ireland.”
Notes to editors:
- The programme will be delivered through an external provider. A partnership of Co-operation Ireland and Rural Community Network has been appointed by DfC. Co-operation Ireland will be the lead partner within the partnership.
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office.
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
4. Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Hargey looks forward to newly refurbished Grand Opera House getting back to business 10 June 2021
- Minister Hargey announces improvements to the Affordable Warmth eligibility criteria 09 June 2021
- Another step closer to licensing modernisation 08 June 2021
- Communities Minister Hargey commissions Discretionary Support review 07 June 2021