Jobseekers in the Causeway Coast and Glens council area are being encouraged to come along to a major Job Fair being held on Thursday 8 March 2018.
The Department for Communities, in partnership with Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, is hosting their first joint major Job Fair in this area, with the event being held in the Coleraine Leisure Centre between 10am and 3pm.
More than 35 employers will take part from a range of sectors including Retail, Hospitality, Engineering and many more. Admission is free. The employers will be promoting the vacancies they have available to prospective jobseekers. A full list of employers can be found at www.nidirect.gov.uk/causeway-job-fair
Heather McKeown, Employer Engagement Executive, from the Department for Communities said: “This event plans to be a one-stop-shop with a wide range of sectors under one roof, and is an opportunity for those searching for their first job, changing career, or simply looking for some advice with CV or interview skills. With more than 400 jobs being promoted it is a fantastic opportunity to make connections and get advice. I would encourage as many people as possible to visit the job fair and take the next steps on your career path.”
Advice and training organisations, including specialist disability organisations will be on hand to provide support on training and employment.
Martin Clark, Business Development Manager, Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council said: “The development of our economy and job creation is a key Council priority, and we are delighted to be working in partnership with the Department for Communities to host this Job Fair in Coleraine. The event will open up new avenues for job seekers from across the Borough by putting them in direct contact with potential employers. It represents a fantastic opportunity for our local businesses who are recruiting new staff and those looking for employment, as well as promoting learning and skills development.”
Lynas Foodservice Ltd are among the employers taking part in the Job Fair. Maurice Devenney, HR & Facilities Manager said: “We are delighted to accept an invitation to participate in the local Jobs Fair on 8 March in Coleraine. There we seek to add quality job seekers and job movers to our 500+ valued employees so that together we can deliver more.”
Further information about the Job Fair is available by contacting the Employer Engagement Service by telephoning 02890 829374 or visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/causeway-job-fair
Notes to editors:
Notes to editors:
1. Photos are available by contacting DfC Press Office on 028 9082 3152.
2. For further information visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/causeway-job-fair
3. Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 9082 3516 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383.
4. Follow us on Twitter - @CommunitiesNI
- Armagh woman convicted of benefit fraud 20 September 2018
- Suspended sentence for £25,000 benefit fraud 20 September 2018
- Universal Credit to begin in Carrickfergus area 19 September 2018
- Universal Credit to begin in Shaftesbury Square and Knockbreda areas of Belfast 19 September 2018