A technical issue in the benefits computer system means some Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) customers will receive weekly payments instead of their normal fortnightly payments.
This affects customers due a fortnightly payment on 8, 9, 10 and 11 January.
As an example, claimants expecting a fortnightly payment on Thursday 10 January will receive half of their payment on Thursday 3 January and the other half on Thursday 10 January.
No one will miss out on a payment and customers do not need to take any further action. However, customers should take account of this split in payments while planning their financial needs and budget accordingly.
Normal fortnightly payments will resume on 21 January.
The Department for Communities apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 9082 3512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Young ambassadors empowered to deliver change in their community 19 February 2020
- Work underway on upgrade of Derry’s Bonds Hill 10 February 2020
- Ministers launch Special Olympics Ireland Winter Games 05 February 2020
- Appointment of one Councillor to the Board of Libraries NI 05 February 2020