Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey today launched the new business awards scheme GRADAIM.
GRADAIM is an island wide scheme which promotes the use of Irish in business and recognises organisations which provide services through the medium of Irish. Awards, are earned by organisations that use Irish in their business or that provide services through the medium of Irish to their customers.
Minister Hargey said:
“Businesses play an important role in the promotion of the Irish language and this scheme will encourage and support them to do so. The use of the Irish language in business settings presents an opportunity for both business community and the community at large. Across the north, over 7,000 children receive their daily education through the medium of Irish, an increase of 60% over the decade from 2011-21. These are the customers of the future.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office via email email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Disability on the Record exhibition opens ahead of the UN’s International Day for Persons with Disabilities 28 November 2022
- Disability on the Record – Exhibition to celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities 21 November 2022
- Competition to appoint the Chair to the Board of National Museums NI 10 November 2022
- Join the conversation on the Duncairn Gardens Development Study 09 November 2022