Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey today launched the new business awards scheme GRADAIM.
GRADAIM is an island wide scheme which promotes the use of Irish in business and recognises organisations which provide services through the medium of Irish. Awards, are earned by organisations that use Irish in their business or that provide services through the medium of Irish to their customers.
Minister Hargey said:
“Businesses play an important role in the promotion of the Irish language and this scheme will encourage and support them to do so. The use of the Irish language in business settings presents an opportunity for both business community and the community at large. Across the north, over 7,000 children receive their daily education through the medium of Irish, an increase of 60% over the decade from 2011-21. These are the customers of the future.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to DfC Press Office via email email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @CommunitiesNI
- Over a million pounds available for investment in Built Heritage 20 May 2022
- Hargey: I am determined that my department will continue to deliver for all those who are in need 19 May 2022
- Applications open for the All-Ireland Heritage Skills Programme 06 May 2022
- Competition to appoint the Chair to the Board of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. 07 April 2022