The Digest of Statistics for the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland 2016/17, providing a broad overview of the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI), was published by the Department for Communities today.
Key findings include:
- Preservation: In 2016/17, there were 2,872 linear feet of records reviewed to assess their suitability for preservation
- Records published: There were 16,357 new items published in PRONI’s electronic catalogue in 2016/17 which now contains over 1.5 million item descriptions
- Visitors: In 2016/17 there were 19,259 visitors to PRONI for group visits, organised events and to use the search and reading rooms
- PRONI website: There were 10.8 million page views of PRONI’s website in 2016/17
- New visitors: There were 3,429 new visitors registered in PRONI in 2016/17. The majority (81%) of new visitors cited family history as the main reason for registering.
Notes to editors:
- The Digest of Statistics for the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland 2016/17 provides a broad overview of the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI)
- The report is based on data for 2016/17 and is produced annually each year
- Previous publications are available from the Department’s website
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Communities Press Office on 028 9082 3504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Regeneration of Portrush making significant progress 16 October 2018
- Suspended sentence for £9,000 benefit fraud 16 October 2018
- Belfast woman convicted of benefit fraud 16 October 2018
- Benefit fraud weekly review 15 October 2018