The Department for Communities is to hold a series of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) information sessions. This follows on from the Department’s published response to the Independent Review of the PIP Assessment process (Walter Rader report) which included a commitment to coordinate a series of events to publicise the PIP Assessment process and purpose.
At each event the Department for Communities, Capita, Law Centre and Advice NI will provide information on how to claim PIP, including the evidence required and the support that is available.
The information sessions in partnership with Disability Action will take place in Belfast, Enniskillen, Newry and Derry/Londonderry will support claimants, their family members and support workers, to have a better understanding of the PIP process including clarity about the relevant information needed to support a claim.
Notes to editors:
1. The PIP Information Sessions will take place on the following dates and locations:
- Friday 21 June 2019 at 2pm Belfast: NICVA
- Tuesday 25 June 2019 at 2pm Derry/Londonderry: City Hotel
- Thursday 27 June 2019 at 2pm Enniskillen: Fermanagh House, Enniskillen
- Friday 28 June 2019 at 2pm Newry: Newry Conference Centre
2. Register for the sessions at Event Brite.
3. Media enquiries to DfC Press Office on 028 9082 3502 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 90378110.
4. Follow the Department on Twitter
- £40m allocated to help address pressures faced by local Councils 24 September 2020
- Funding provides lifeline to Arts, Culture and Heritage sectors - Ní Chuilín 24 September 2020
- Minister announces work is to commence on development of Social Inclusion Strategies 24 September 2020
- Essential conservation works at historic monument sites 22 September 2020