Moira Doherty is the Deputy Secretary for Engaged Communities Group in the Department for Communities. The Engaged Communities Group is responsible for:
- Historic Environment Division, which surveys, records and maintains an archive about the historic environment and designates its most important features as: Monuments in State Care; Scheduled Monuments; Listed Buildings; and Historic Parks and Gardens
- Public Record Office NI (PRONI), which was established for the reception and preservation of public records including records of Government Departments; courts of law, public bodies and NDPBs; and records deposited by private individuals, churches, businesses and institutions
- Culture Division, which has responsibility for policy development and delivery on Irish, Ulster Scots and sign language; oversight of the North/South Language Body; Arts infrastructure and strategy; the creative industries; community festivals, museums & libraries and architecture and built environment for Northern Ireland
- Active Communities Division, is responsible for policy development and delivery; governance and accountability; and operational management of the bodies responsible for sports and Armagh Observatory and Planetarium. It also has responsibility for Regional and Sub Regional Stadia Programmes.
- Voluntary & Community Division, which supports vibrant, effective and more sustainable Voluntary & Community Sectors through a range of programmes and initiatives and acts as sponsor Division for the Charities Commission NI.
- Communiy Empowerment