Housing Regulation and Inspection

Causeway Exchange
Department for Communities
1-7 Bedford Street

Telephone: 028 9051 5169
email: hagovernance@communities-ni.gov.uk

It is not within the remit of Housing Regulation Branch to deal with individual tenancy complaints.

The Department requires associations to have in place a formal procedure for dealing with complaints. If you have a complaint relating to your tenancy you should in the first instance raise a formal complaint through this process.

If, after having exhausted a registered housing association’s complaints process, you are unhappy about the way you have been treated by a Registered Housing Association you may complain to the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman.

More information can be found via https://nipso.org.uk/nipso/about-us/frequently-asked-questions
Or Alternatively you can contact NIPSO directly at the address, email or contacts numbers below;
Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman
33 Wellington Place


Telephone: 028 9023 3821
Freephone: 0800 34 34 24
Text Phone: 028 9089 7789
Email: nipso@nipso.org.uk

Back to top