If yes, then the Uniting Communities Programme could be for you. We are currently running this programme in a number of other areas.
Video: Enhancing Good Relations
Footage from two celebration events organised by Young Leaders from the Uniting Colin and Eastside and Uniting Erne East programmes. This video shows how Uniting Communities is bringing young people together and includes interviews from young leaders, project partners and 11-16 year old participants.
What is Uniting Communities
It’s a cross community youth programme which uses sport, physical and creativity to build relations and create the next generation of community leaders. Uniting Communities is delivered by the Department for Communities as part of the Together: Building a United Community strategy (T:BUC) and it is about to launch in the Rasharkin and Kilrea areas.
At present we are recruiting young people aged 16-24, who are interested in;
- Using sport and creativity to create positive change in your community and beyond?
- Receiving unique and accredited training that will shape you as an individual and a leader?
- Developing new skills that will better equip you to succeed in all that you choose to do?
- Joining a team of next generation community leaders?
- Making yourself stand out to prospective employers?
What will you receive?
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of activity, visits and residential trips
- Opportunities to try new things and meet new people
- Opportunities to codesign a programme that will make a real difference in your community
- Opportunities to design and coordinate large scale events
- Become recognised in your community as an ambassador for change;
- Receive free branded kit and other merchandise
- Receive free training from internationally recognised training providers
- Deliver a sports and creativity programme to 11-16 years olds from your local area
Want to find out more?
The Uniting Communities Team are beginning to work in the Rasharkin and Kilrea areas and are available to meet with young people and/or community organisations.
To request a meeting or receive further information about the Young Leaders Training Programme, please register your details online;