The programme target groups are:
- Young & Homeless
- Young Refugees & Asylum Seekers
- Young People in Care
- Young People with a Disability
- Young People with Poor Mental Health
- Young Offenders
- Young People at risk of rural isolation
The programme objectives are:
- Young people who experience barriers to participation in their communities will have increased confidence, self-esteem and social skills to get involved
- Young people have a greater awareness of good relations and an increased understanding of other religious, political, ethnic and marginalised communities
- Young people are more actively involved in sport and creativity, and are presented with opportunities to sustain their involvement
- Young people will have developed the appropriate attributes to enable further community engagement, including pathways to the Uniting Communities through sport and creativity programme
Uniting Opportunities has been designed to support our core Uniting Communities programme. As such, it only seeks projects from where our core programme is being delivered, or is scheduled to be delivered. Our current delivery areas are:
- Ardoyne and Greater Ballysillan (North Belfast)
- Fountain, Bogside and Bishop Street (Derry~Londonderry)
- Ballymoney District Electoral Area (North Antrim)
- Derg District Electoral Area (West Tyrone)
How to apply
Stage One of Uniting Opportunities 2019 - 2021 is open for applications until Friday 16 August at 4.00pm. Before completing the short Stage One – Eligibility Form, please carefully read the Uniting Opportunities 2019 to 2021 Information and Guidance Notes.
The Uniting Communities Team will also be available for support and guidance at a drop-in session in each the four delivery areas. If you unable to visit during one of these sessions (below), please feel free to contact us via telephone (02890 823 354) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Ardoyne & Greater Ballysillan||Ardoyne Library
|Tuesday 6 August||2pm - 5pm|
|Ballymoney DEA||Ballymoney Library
|Monday 5 August||10.30am - 2.30pm|
|Derg DEA||Castlederg Library
|Thursday 8 August||10am - 1pm|
|Fountain, Bogside & Bishop Street||Derry Central Library
|Tuesday 6 August||10.30am - 2.30pm|
Stage one eligibility form
Your Stage One Eligibility Form will take less than 5 minutes to complete. However, as outlined in the Information and Guidance Notes, the Eligibility Form asks you to provide an organisational URN from the Government Funding Database (GFD). It is highly recommended that any GFD registration or amendments to existing GFD records is undertaken before completing this Eligibility Form. For support with GFD, please read guidance on registering and uploading supporting documents to GFD.
Important: Should we progress a sufficient number of eligible organisations during Stage One, it is highly unlikely that Stage One will open again until 2021. In addition, we do not anticipate the introduction of any additional geographical areas within the next two years.
Video: Uniting Opportunities - 2018-19
The video below provides an overview of the 2018/19 Uniting Opportunities projects.
If you would like further information about this programme please contact us by email;