If yes, then the Uniting Communities Programme could be for you. We are currently running this programme in a number of other areas.
Video: Enhancing Good Relations
Footage from two celebration events organised by Young Leaders from the Uniting Colin and Eastside and Uniting Erne East Programmes. This video shows how Uniting Communities is bringing young people together and includes interviews from young leaders, project partners and 11-16 year old participants.
What is Uniting Communities
It’s a cross community youth programme which uses sport, physical activities and creativity to build relations and create the next generation of community leaders. Uniting Communities is delivered by the Department for Communities as part of the Together: Building a United Community strategy (T:BUC) and it is has launched in the Derg DEA.
At present we are recruiting young people aged 16-24, who are interested in;
- Using sport and creativity to create positive change in your community and beyond
- Receiving unique and accredited training that will shape you as an individual and a leader
- Developing new skills that will better equip you to succeed in all that you choose to do
- Joining a team of next generation community leaders
- Making yourself stand out to prospective employers
What will you receive?
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of activities, visits and residential trips
- Opportunities to try new things and meet new people
- Opportunities to codesign a programme that will make a real difference in your community
- Opportunities to design and coordinate large scale events
- Recognition in your community as an ambassador for change;
- Free branded kit and other merchandise
- Free training from internationally recognised training providers
- An opportunity to deliver a sports and creativity programme to 11-16 years olds from your local area
If you would like further information about this programme please contact us by email;