Proposed objectives to promote:
- an environment free from harassment and bullying and to tackle homophobia in all forms including violence and abuse
- equality of opportunity for lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) people
Developing a Sexual Orientation Strategy
The development of a sexual orientation strategy and action plan will provide an overarching policy framework within which departments, their agencies and other relevant statutory authorities can develop actions that promote equality of opportunity for LGB people across government’s major policy areas, tackle the specific inequalities they face and counter prejudice, intolerance and hatred.
Please note Phase 1 of the public consultation has now ended.
- Developing a Sexual Orientation Strategy - Consultation document
- Developing a Sexual Orientation Strategy - Consultation questionnaire
An analysis of the responses received, along with copies of the responses, can be viewed below.
Research has been carried out into a number of key issues affecting the lesbian, gay and bisexual community. Please click on the links below to view some of the most recent reports.
- Hate Crime - Through Our Eyes: perceptions and experiences of lesbian, gay and bisexual people towards hate crime and policing in Northern Ireland
- Employment - experiences of lesbian, gay and bisexual people in the workplace
- Education - Left out of the Equation. A report on the experiences of gay and bisexual young people at school
- Older people - Making this home my home. Making nursing and residential more inclusive for older lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people
- Substance Use - All Partied Out. Substance use in NI’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community
- LGBT people with disabilities - Multiple identity; multiple exclusions and human rights: the experiences of people with disabilities who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people living in Northern Ireland
- Emotional health and well being - though our minds. Exploring the emotional health and wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Northern Ireland