About the Inspire programme
The London 2012 Inspire programme was a UK wide participation initiative which formally recognised exceptional non-commercial projects which have been inspired by the 2012 Games. The NI 2012 Inspire programmer was based within the Department’s 2012 Games legacy Unit.
Inspire projects n the North of Ireland
There were a total of 90 Inspire projects operational here, and 64 of these were developed locally. It is estimated that the local projects alone created almost one million opportunities for people in our communities to take part in activities inspired by the 2012 Games.
Inspire projects helped to deliver local benefits from the 2012 Games across a number of areas:
- encouraged participation in sporting and offered new opportunities for involvement
- raised awareness of disability sport and enhanced access for people with disabilities in both sporting and cultural activities
- increased involvement in arts and cultural activities
- encouraged skills development in young people
- helped develop and sustain good relations and community cohesion
To find out more about the individual local projects and the organisations running them then please view the information leaflet:
For information on the overall Inspire programme, visit the London 2012 Inspire website: