Compensation Recovery Scheme (CRS)

Where people have received compensation for an accident, injury or disease and have claimed benefits as a consequence of that accident, injury or disease; any Social Security benefits paid under these circumstances may be recoverable. Health Service charges are also recovered on behalf of the Department of Health. All monies recovered for Department of Health are paid directly to the Health Service Trust who provided the Health Service treatment.

What to do now

If you have been paid Social Security benefits and want to know more about repaying this money. Please visit the Compensation Recovery page on nidirect.

If you are acting on behalf of someone who has submitted a claim for compensation and want more information, view:

If someone has applied to you for compensation and you want more information, view:

If you need advice or assistance on any matters relating to compensation recovery, please contact the Compensation Recovery Scheme.

Back to top